@paigeleighneuhauser

Bring on the Neon

It's time to go bright, bold and vibrant this spring season! Typically, when you think of spring fashion you probably picture wearing pastels. Pastels will always stay true to spring; however, it's time we make spring a little brighter by adding a pop of color. And by pop of color, I mean NEON! In my opinion, there are dos and don'ts when it comes to neon so as not to become an '80s cliché. I have put together four looks showcasing neon in a different light. Here are a few tips of mine when it comes to wearing neon:

Neon is already a bold statement on its own, so don't go overboard
Stick with one (two max) neon solid(s) in your outfit
Pops of multiple neon accessories are okay, as long as it isn't too much
Don't be afraid to wear neon; just do it in a way that is tasteful
Boxy & Floral
Neon: Necklace/Clutch
Tip: Don't go overboard




For this first look, my pop of neon comes from my necklace and clutch and follows my tip of not going overboard. This boxy silhouette shirt with a mesh overlay is plenty bright in color already. It's the focal point of the outfit, but by adding a simple touch of a yellow neon necklace, it intensifies the overall look. Pulling out one main color from a multi-colored shirt and adding matching accessories creates a perfect balance. As for the rest of this outfit, I went with a good ole' pair of ripped jeans and nude heels, so as not to bring in any more color and not to distract from what was going on up top. Ripped jeans and heels can make any outfit look beyond chic!

The Details




Pink & Distressed
Neon: Sweater
Tip: Stick with one or two neon solids




This second look, is about styling around a solid neon. A solid neon is one huge statement, so sticking with one, or two at the most, works best. Also, go easy on the accessories. For this specific look, I styled my pink neon sweater with ripped jeans...really ripped jeans (I've gotta sew these up a bit)! This look is more lax, so I decided to go with tennis shoes. Although these Nike's are bright white, it's not bright to the point that it competes with the sweater. For accessories, I went with shades of black and gray so the sweater would remain the focal point. By sticking with one or two solid neons, you allow your outfit to appeal to the eye, rather than having your eye be drawn to too many places.

The Details



Bulls & Lace
Neon: Lace Shorts
Tip: Stick with one or two neon solids & right amount of multiple colored accessories




This third look applies to both the tip on solids and tip on multiple colored accessories. I styled this look around the neon lace shorts. I wanted to go with a simple top but add a little something unique, so I paired together a black Bulls crop top and layered a button up top underneath. I think this adds an unexpected twist to the crop top. I love both the collar detail and the way the shirt hangs out of the crop top. Since both shirts are neutral shades, it makes the shorts stand out because it is the only solid neon piece. As for accessories, I brought out small pops of color with the bracelets and the band across the toe of the heels. As for the necklace, it added some sparkle and shine against the sporty crop top. With a look similar to this, a solid pair of neon shorts and small pops of color create a fun and creative outfit!

The Details




Laced Up & Cut Out
Neon: Heels
Tip: Right amount of multiple colored accessories




For this final look, my neon piece is all in the shoes! The tip for this outfit is about wearing the right amount of multiple colored accessories. These shoes are to die for! From the laced front to the bright neon floral design, I'm in love with these heels! With the focus being on the shoes, I went with a light denim shirt with shoulder cut outs and tied it at the waist. As for bottoms, I went with a simple pair of white denim jeans, which allowed the shoes to stand out even more! To tie in a little bit of color up top, I paired a jewel toned necklace around the collar and threw on a few colored bangles. The color within the accessories complemented the shoes, but didn't distract from them. Accessories play a huge role in an outfit, but when wearing something as bold as neon, you've got to do it just right!

The Details








Huge shoutout to my sister, Emily for going on location with me to photograph these looks! Love ya!
Thanks for stopping by! :)

What's your opinion?