@paigeleighneuhauser

Weekend In Chicago

This past weekend my family and I took our annual trip to Chicago! We made our usual stops to Gino's East, The Grand Lux Café, Garrett Popcorn, and of course...Forever 21...did I mention it is two stories?!?!? When I go on a trip/vacation I always over-pack (better to be over-packed than under-packed I always say). Overpacking allows me to do outfit changes from day to night and I love that! It also helps with the temperamental weather, it was pretty cool this weekend, so I had options. I pack an even amount of casual and dressier outfits for different occasions. Might I mention, when I make a stop to Forever 21, it increases my wardrobe even more! If it's hard for you to pack for trips because you too are an over-packer, check out a video I did for Vacation & Travel Packing Tips                                                                               
 *Purchased a few seasons ago; however, store may have very similar pieces currently.

Denim Zipper
Our first stop was the famous Gino's East! I wanted to wear something cute but not too dressy, so I threw on this denim dress I purchased from The Rustic Barn, (a local thrift shop) for $1! Yes you read that right! Dresses are so easy! All you have to do is accessorize! I accessorized with gold pieces; a gold, beaded lock necklace, gold hoops, gold midi rings, and my new pair of gold gladiators from Kohl's.


Seven
I threw on this little number to walk the city and shop after Gino's. I definitely wanted to be comfortable for that! I chose my comfy, gray jumpsuit* from Forever 21 and paired it with my favorite oversized denim jacket I got from a thrift shop. For shoes, I went with my black high tops* and tied in my black NYC beanie* from F21, and black hoops. I had just purchased the black backpack from Target on our way up and it was on clearance for $20! I have been wanting a backpack purse for quite a while so I was pretty pumped when I came across it!


Big City Dreamin'
Day 2 of Chicago we trekked a few miles toward The Container Store. It was a little warmer than the previous day but I decided to throw on my tight, black leather jacket with my oversized célfie t-shirt from F21. Luckily I scored these baggy, distressed jeans from Forever 21 the day before and they completed the outfit. I chose my Birks (or what I like to call Firks) from Payless for shoes and let me tell you, that was a mistake! Talk about blisters! Ouch! So, we decided to hail our first cab ride! It was well worth the fare!


Graffiti & Denim
Night 2 of Chicago we made our usual trip to the Grand Lux Cafe. I threw on another little denim dress that I purchased at Forever 21. I paired it with my gold gladiators because I knew my brown wedges would not be best after our trek that day! I had a different outfit in mind for this night, but I decided to go with this simple dress for our night out! Once again, I went with gold accessories for this outfit!



We had a great weekend in Chicago! Full of laughs, good times, and made some great memories! It has always been such a great little getaway for us! Until next time Chicago! 

What's your opinion?