@paigeleighneuhauser

Denim for Days

Denim of any kind is a wardrobe staple. In today's post, I am sharing with you 5 different types of denim and how to style each piece. Denim is so versatile, meaning it can be dressed up or dressed down. From denim dresses to denim bib overalls, there are endless possibilities when it comes to styling them. Don't be afraid to step out of those basic denim jeans and into those comeback bibs! So, do you dare to denim?


Tribal & True & Denim Too
To bring this basic denim dress to life, I threw on a long tribal cardigan vest. To tie in the black from the vest, I added a black, lace bib necklace and black over-the-knee socks. Finishing off the look, I slipped on my go-to work boots to create a more relaxed look.

{Dress}: Forever 21
{Vest}: Forever 21
{Necklace}: Forever 21
{Socks}: Forever 21...do you see a pattern here?
{Boots}: Kohl's

I Call "Bibs"

Bibs are back...again! They are definitely a departure from years past! I have chosen to dress up these dark wash bibs by pairing them with a floral button down shirt. My pink heels brought out the light pink in the shirt and completed the overall dressy look.

{Bibs}: Rue 21
{Button Down Shirt}: Forever 21
{Shoes}: Kohl's

Saved By the Bell...Sleeves
Bib overalls aren't the only thing coming back...bib jumpers are too! To soften up this look, I decided to add a lace crop top with bell sleeves. I love the contrast of lace and denim! As for the booties, they keep with the neutral theme of the outfit.

{Bib Jumper}: Forever 21
{Lace Shirt}: Forever 21
{Booties}: Kohl's

Cut. It. Out.
One of my new favorite pieces is the tube skirt. It's so versatile! Continuing with the denim theme, I paired a crop, tie-at-the-waist denim top with shoulder cut outs. To make it extra casual, I threw on my Converse high tops. My fedora seemed like the perfect accessory to top off this look.

{Cut-Out Denim Shirt}: Forever 21
{Tube Skirt}: Forever 21
{Converse}: Journey's
{Fedora}: Forever 21

Dual Denim
Denim on denim can be tricky! But when you pair two different washes, it is sure to work. This look incorporates layering as well. I've layered my oversized denim jacket with a plaid shirt and MJ baseball tee. The high-waisted shorts keep with the grungy style and the polka dot tights bring it all together. The booties add a girly touch and complete the look.

{Denim Jacket}: Thrifted
{Plaid Shirt}: Forever 21
{Baseball Tee}: Forever 21
{High-waisted Shorts}: Forever 21
{Tights}: Target Dollar Spot
{Booties}: Payless

What's your opinion?