@paigeleighneuhauser

A Little Look Book

This week I really took to Instagram to post my OOTDs (Outfit of the Day). So I've decided to share a nice little look book for this week's outfits. Instagram is such a great outlet for fashion enthusiasts! With the ability to hashtag and tag people in your pictures, you reach a great number of people in a matter of seconds. For me there is more behind a "double tap" and racking up likes, it means my love for fashion and style is reaching an array of people, which can lead to inspiring young girls and women. I am very inspired by the people and pages I follow and to be able to do the same for someone else is a great feeling. Fashion is an art form and I can't wait to continue expressing myself through it!

*Purchased a few seasons ago; however, store may have very similar pieces currently.

Grunge Chic

Believe it or not, I found this plaid shirt in the men's section at my local thrift store! I always make sure to skim the men's clothing section because I just might find a plaid shirt like this. These are staple pieces in my wardrobe. I threw on a black body suit and paired it with ripped jeans to continue with the grunge look. I just purchased these Birks, or "Firks" (Fake Birks) I like to call them, and I am in LOVE with them! For accessories, I put on a metal choker necklace to top of the grunge chic look!

Plaid Shirt: Local Thrift Store
Black Body Suit: Forever 21*
Ripped Jeans: Forever 21*
Birks: Payless
Choker Necklace: Forever 21

simPLEIGH Plaid

Two words: THIS. SCARF. A friend of mine posted this scarf on her Facebook asking if anyone would like it because she was given two for her birthday and I commented "I DO" so fast because I have been dying for one of these wool blanket scarfs! (Thanks again, Mal!) This scarf is the focal point of this outfit, so I put on a simple beige ribbed tank and my favorite baggy cargo pants. For shoes, I threw on a basic pair of brown sandals. Simple is the way to go sometimes!

Blanket Scarf: Very Jane (Amazon)
Ribbed Tank: Forever 21*
Cargo Pants: Rue 21
Sandals: Forever 21*

Kimo-no or yes?

Outfits like this one will most likey be recreated throughout the spring and summer! It is so simple, yet still so cute! The kimono has blues, purples, pinks and a cream color, so I chose a floral cream crop top. My high-waisted shorts used to be jeans before I cut and distressed them. They are baggy and very comfortable. For shoes, I put on my tall gladiator sandals. I was finally able to pull these babies out of my closet! Boho chic is one of my favorite trends!

Kimono: Rue 21
Crop Top: Forever 21*
High Waisted Shorts: Thrift Store
Gladiators: ebay

Channeling the King of Pop

This jacket has always reminded me of the legendary Michael Jackson. To keep with the edgy vibe of this jacket, I paired it with a studded cross tank top. I threw on my black skinny jeans and a pair of black wedge heels. This edgy outfit is simple, but it makes a statement.

Jacket: Forever 21*
Cross Tank: TJ Maxx*
Skinny Jeans: Forever 21*
Wedge Heels: Kohl's

KISS

We all love comfy clothes, right? It can be hard to find comfort in clothes and still be stylish, but it only takes 1, sometimes 2, pieces to take a typical sweatpants look to a chic and comfy ensemble. The comfy piece in this outfit is my jogger pants. I wear them for comfort and to workout in, I love them! To spruce up these basic jogger pants, I paired a graphic tank top and threw on an oversized denim jacket. For shoes, I put on my black high top sneakers to finish the sporty look.

Denim Jacket: Local Thrift Store
Lips Tank: Forever 21*
Red Bandeau: Forever 21*
Jogger Pants: Forever 21
High Tops: Kohl's


What's your opinion?