@paigeleighneuhauser

Style of the Sisters: Similarities & Differences

Today's blog post features my beautiful, younger sister, Emily. She thought it would be a perfect day to do a sister photoshoot, so I asked her if she would be up for doing not only a sister photoshoot, but also showcasing both of our unique styles on my blog. Growing up, I was the sister that enjoyed fashion, clothes, and dressing up, whereas Emily grew up with more of a tomboy style. Given our styles have evolved, but our childhood ways still play a part in our sense of style today. I'm still the one who dresses up to go out and Emily usually sticks to comfort. But with different styles comes inspiration from one another. I can say that Emily has recently inspired me to start sporting baseball caps and she could say I've inspired her when it comes to stepping out of her style comfort zone. For this blog post, we took four similar pieces and styled them in our own ways, to not only show the difference in our individual fashion sense, but also two different options for how to put together an outfit around each statement piece. I hope you enjoy this post as much as we enjoyed putting it together!

The Sweatshirt
The almighty sweatshirt can be styled in so many ways today. It is no longer just a comfortable option. We have both styled a basic sweatshirt and put our own twist on it.


Autobots & All Stars
Emily's take on the sweatshirt is all about comfort. But the way she styled around the awesome Transformers sweatshirt, makes it a cool and comfy outfit. She likes to sport her cropped pants, so she rolled her skinny jeans right above the ankle which showcases her Converse All stars. She also threw on a red sock to peek out of her shoes. When you go for comfort, it's nice to throw in little details that complete the outfit. She "transformed" this sweatshirt into an Emily look!


Hoodie & Heels
For my take on a simple sweatshirt, I went for a classic pair of ripped (really ripped now) jeans and a funky pair of heels. I love the look of something so casual, as a sweatshirt, with a classy twist. Normally you wouldn't think to pair a sweatshirt with heels, but that's what makes it a fun outfit and different from the usual styling of a hoodie. Hoodies and heels make a great pair!


The "Brrrgundy" Dress
Ironically we happened to have a similar dress with identical fabric but in different styles. So this was a perfect way to show our individuality! 


Short & Sweet
Emily's burgundy dress is short and sweet...literally! She styled her dress with a thick, cream, cable knit cardigan. For shoes, she chose her work boots with sweater-like detail. This outfit is still comfy and simple enough for her liking, but also girly and fun at the same time.


Sleek & Edgy
For my burgundy dress, I went with an edgy twist. I also wanted to style mine with a cardigan, so I went with a black sleeveless cardigan (vest). For shoes, I went with a chunky black heel. To bring it all together, I threw on my black choker necklace. This look is sleek and edgy, but still comfortable.


The Denim Look
This look is based around denim and sweats. Although the looks are similar, the style of the denim is different, as well as our individual twist.


Denim Vest
Emily took her denim vest with a sweatshirt-like hood and paired it with a basic black long sleeve shirt. For sweats, she chose her black Nike tapered sweatpants. As for shoes, she went with her work boots to complete the sporty look. I love the combination of the denim and basic sweatpants! This is definitely up Emily's alley!


Pop of Chartreuse
For my denim and sweats look, I threw on my denim jacket with sweatshirt-like sleeves and hood. Underneath, I went for a basic dark gray shirt. For pants, I chose my speckled gray jogger pants. For shoes, I paired it with my black sneaker heels. For a pop of color, I accessorized with a chartreuse circle scarf. This look is sporty, comfy, and casual. 


The Olive Jacket
For our final look, we styled similar looking bomber jackets. These looks are pretty similar, but still represent our individuality in the minor details.


Basic Olive
Emily's look is so simple and fresh. It's my favorite look of hers! She paired a basic white tee under her jacket and went with a basic pair of black tights. The work boots and black baseball cap bring the look all together. This outfit clearly shows her sense of style! Go Em!


"X" Marks the Spot
For my look, I paired an olive cotton jacket with a lime green sweater. I really love the contrast between the two shades of green. I too paired my jacket with basic black tights and work boots. To finish the look I threw on my favorite beanie. This look is sporty with a touch of girly. 


There you have it, four pieces styled eight different ways between my sister and I. In fashion, we inspire each other and this blog post was so refreshing to put together because I get to share with you another person's fashion sense other than my own. In this case, it happened to be my best friend and sister! I hope you are inspired not only by this post, but the people around you and their fashion style as well! 
Thanks for stopping by!


Special thanks to Emily for taking part in this special blog post! Also, thank you to my mom for taking the pictures of us together! You guys rock! 

What's your opinion?