@paigeleighneuhauser

Fall for the Jacket

Jackets. A girl's best accessory to an outfit. Whether you base your outfit around a jacket or throw it on to complete an outfit, a jacket can create wonders for your #ootd! If you haven't already guessed, today's post is centered around...the jacket! It's starting to cool off a bit so it's time to bring out your outerwear. If you're anything like me, you own quite a few different jackets. It's an accessory we as women, can't get enough of. Especially if you find some great, cheap ones while thrift shopping...those are the best! I've styled 4 different jackets: classic leather, quirky and cozy, and two brocade jackets that can be played off as dressy or casual, depending on the way you style it.
*Sidenote: 3 of the 4 jackets featured are thrifted! (2,3,4)


Edgy Flight Attendant
You can't go wrong with a classic black leather jacket. When you go to style your leather jacket, there are so many directions you can go with it. It is such a versatile piece, that if you do it right, you can even wear it with sweats for a casual, yet edgy look. But in this case, I styled it with an athletic striped scuba pencil skirt and a ribbed crop top. To add a little flair to the outfit, I tied a see-through, red, black, and white scarf. Once I added this accessory, it reminded me of a flight attendant, but with an edgy twist. For shoes, I wanted some height, so I threw on my chunky high heel boots. This is my favorite look out of this bunch! There are hard and soft elements to this outfit that I just adore!



Squared
This jacket is so quirky and fun! It's different from anything that I've seen and I love that about it! Besides the fact that I love the look of this jacket, it is SO unbelievably cozy! To play off one of the colors, I chose a solid, long sleeve, pale orchid crop top. For bottoms, I went with my high-waisted, acid-washed jeans. As for shoes, I chose my go-to work boots. The best part about this jacket though, is that I found it at my local thrift shop for only $8! I love a good deal!



Hints of Gold
This ensemble is one of those that comes across both casual and dressy. This brocade jacket goes great with a pair of ripped jeans. Underneath, I went with a complementing high neckline crop top. The crop top has a grayish-green tone that doesn't take away from the color in the jacket. To accent the detail of the jacket, I went with gold accessories. The belt and bracelets really tie in the fine details of this classic look.



Brocade Babe
Finally, this jacket has a beautiful brocade detail. It is so sharp! For my top, I went with a simple black top with studs. As for bottoms, I went with basic black tights. For shoes, I chose a deep red oxford-type shoe that goes perfectly with the colors in the jacket. 



So go on and bring out those jackets and style away!
Thanks for stopping by!

What's your opinion?