@paigeleighneuhauser

Vintage Look Book

By now you most likely know that my style is very eclectic and sometimes unexpected...even to me at times! I am always open to new styles and trends. From time to time, I surprise myself with the fashions I like, but that's one of the most exciting things about fashion, you can discover something new every day! With that being said, I have a different kind of look book today. I'm taking you back a few decades! A family friend was nice enough to let me "shop" her aunt's closet that was full of vintage looks that she knew I would enjoy! I was so excited and appreciative! Being 2015, I took six different vintage-like looks and put a modern twist on them! It was a lot of fun styling these pieces. A lot of these pieces are from Sax Fifth Avenue where her aunt used to work. I appreciate vintage clothes and you may also know I love me some vintage decor, kitchenware, or anything else retro, after my Thrifting for My Future: Vintage Collection blog post! I hope you enjoy this post and maybe you can raid your relatives' closets and add vintage style to your wardrobe!


Flower Power
Vintage Pieces: Dress & Blazer

Doesn’t this dress just scream vintage? The cut and style of this dress is so cute! I also happened to find a blue blazer while "shopping" to complement the flowers. This outfit is vintage, but also modern enough to wear into the workplace. For shoes, I chose a basic nude heel to offset all of the blue. I love how girly this dress is and by throwing on the blazer, it creates a more sophisticated look.

Blazin'
Vintage Piece: Boucle Blazer



For this look, I styled a boucle blazer with a striped turtleneck and gauchos. I love that this blazer has shoulder pads; it adds a little bit of flair. I chose a striped turtleneck to add a pop of pattern. For pants, I chose my denim pair of gauchos. These pants give the outfit more oomph, rather than a basic pair of skinny jeans. Finally, for shoes, I went with a simple black bootie. This outfit is casual, but still classy.

Color Block
Vintage Piece: Dress


Color blocking is very on trend. It’s a really fun trend to get into. The simplicity of this dress is what makes such a statement. I also love the color scheme, as well. For shoes, I chose my black chunky heels. This sweater dress is a fun outfit to sport anytime. It’s really cozy too!


Brown Suede
Vintage Piece: Dress



This dress is somewhat similar to the previous one, but this one is more fitted. I really like the details on this dress. The suede patches with buttons add just the right amount of detail. I chose a light brown shoe to contrast the brown on the dress. The thing about dresses is, all you have to do is throw it on and accessorize! So easy!


Chunky Checkers
Vintage Piece: Skirt


This is one of the first pieces that caught my eye. I love plaid and I love pencil skirts. The fact that is has pockets makes me love it that much more! I styled it with a black turtleneck to make the skirt pop. For shoes, I went with my new pair of VERY chunky black flatform sandals from Forever 21 with black socks. I love the quirkiness of this outfit. The shoes bring it into today. I can’t wait to style these shoes more!

Drop Waist
Vintage Piece: Dress


This dress is so different and that is what I love about it! This drop waist dress is like nothing else in my wardrobe. The side has gold button detailing, so I chose a gold necklace, which created a flapper vibe. For shoes, I chose my black booties again. This pleated, navy dress is a lot of fun. Glad to have found it!

I hope you give vintage style a shot and incorporate it into your own wardrobe! It’s really a lot of fun bringing older pieces into today's fashion. I'd love to see your vintage inspired outfits, so use #simpleighvintage (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) so I can see your beautiful take on vintage style!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

What's your opinion?