@paigeleighneuhauser

Denim & Stripes

Hello, everyone! Long time...no blog! I hate that it has been so long. For a while there, I felt like I ran out of blog material, but it got me thinking. This "predicament" became a fun challenge. It pushed me to come up with new ways to style old pieces or reblog certain pieces. Last weekend, I went shopping for the first time in a while and I got a few staple pieces which can make all the difference. Sometimes it takes a couple of pieces to spruce up a wardrobe and create inspiration. I'm hoping to get back on the blogging train, or at least get back to posting OOTDs. It will surely be easier with the weather warming up a bit here and there. It definitely makes a difference during photoshoots when it's nice and toasty outside. With all that being said, for my first blog back, I have styled 3 looks which all incorporate denim and stripes. I hope you're inspired by these outfits that can easily transition into your spring wardrobe!

Denim & Stripes: In the Clear


Let's take a moment to appreciate this fabulous clear bomber jacket! I am in love! It's safe to say I have nothing like it in my wardrobe. I was stoked when I found out my favorite line at Kohl's, k/lab, was on clearance. So much of their last collection that I fell in love with before Christmas was on the sale rack. You could say I jumped up and down with excitement for a second! :) It may be clear, but it makes such a statement, kinda ironic but you get it right? I love how it highlights whatever you are wearing underneath. It's perfect for a layering, but doesn't take away from what's underneath. For a splash of color, I accessorized with a floral choker necklace. To complete the look, I paired the outfit with my favorite knee-high boots. I love the simplicity of this look, yet it makes a unique statement.






Denim & Stripes: "I like your sleeves."

I can't believe I found this awesome top at Goodwill for $3.99! Score! When I picked it out from the rack, I knew it was a winner. When I tried it on, I didn't want to take it off! I am a sucker for a top with unique sleeves! It makes for such a fun statement. I paired this top with a new pair of Sonoma jeans from Kohl's that were on sale. I finally found a few pairs of jeans that I was def in need of! Again, I paired my knee-high boots with this outfit because I love them oh so much! And of course, a jeweled, cut out choker necklace. I love this look and I wish I could wear it everyday!










Denim & Stripes: Bow Tied

For this last look, I paired a denim long sleeve top with a striped scarf tied in a pretty little bow. For bottoms, I went with a pair of distressed black a.n.a jeans from JCPenny. I also paired my what I like to call, "fash glass." Glasses can sometimes be a fun accessory. This look is really simple, but classic and fresh. Sometimes simplicity is key and that can be refreshing.








I hope you loved this little denim and stripes look book! I would love to hear from you about what you would like to see in future blog posts. Whether that be how to style a certain staple piece, how to transition from winter to spring, or any other theme! Comment below or head on over to simPLEIGH me's Facebook page

Thanks for stopping by!

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!

simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?