@paigeleighneuhauser

Spring Trend: Metallics

Spring fashion. Pastels, florals, and splashes of color. Those are the first spring elements that usually come to mind and mostly what pieces make their way up to the front of your closet! Sure, soft-hues and fun florals are what the spring season is all about, but why not up the ante a bit?!

METALLICS. Yes, I said it! They're shiny and vibrant, plus metallics make for one head-turning outfit! Substituting metallics for your typical spring color palette is the perfect way to change up your spring style. However, I suggest sticking with one statement metallic piece and accessorizing lightly, because even the smallest bit of shine does all the talking.

I've put together 3 looks with some of the latest pieces I've picked up to give you some ideas on how to incorporate this trend into your spring (maybe even summer) wardrobe! Let's shine bright!

Silver Supes
Silver Metallic Jacket

I absolutely adore this silver metallic jacket! What makes me adore it even more, is that it was on clearance for only $20.00 (even less after coupons and such)! I scored this baby at Kohl's a few weeks back. This jacket is part of the k/lab Collection at Kohl's. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you are missing out! It's this cute little enclosed section of really cute, high-end looking clothes, it may be on the higher end, but it's reasonable for what you are buying! I've bought SO many statement and couture pieces from there; however, most I've scored on clearance!

Anyway...this jacket is so bold and bright, right? It is reflective, so it's going to grab color from all around you. Obviously, this jacket is such a statement, so I paired it with a basic blue Superman (love me some Supes...AKA Henry Cavill ;)) sweater and denim shorts. To tie in the silver, I paired my high-top silver sneakers with this shiny outfit! I love how this jacket takes a simple sweater and makes it pop! Pairing basics with metallics is one way to style this spring trend!







Sequined Shine
Sequined Shift Dress

Halfway through this blog post, I realized that all of my metallic pieces are from the k/lab! ;) The k/lab may be my new Forever 21...did I just say that?!? So, this dress is just so much fun, from the looks of it down to just messing around with the sequins! So mesmerizing! This dress didn't need much accessorizing and you can see why. It's such a stand out piece on its own, and I love that! For shoes, I decided to bring out my tall gladiator sandals for the first time this season! Whoo hoo! I also kept it simple with my choice of a black lace-like choker.

Dresses are so easy to style and take little to no effort. Metallic dresses do all the work for you!





You can buy this one-of-a-kind Studded Lace Zipper Bracelet from my Kitschy Doodles website! Shop here!



Sequined Shine x2
Sequined Tank


Notice anything? It's the same sequined pattern as the sequined dress! My sister actually bought this for me for Christmas and I found the dress some time after. I love it! I really like the mix of the ribbed mock neck and sequins. I also like that this top is somewhat cropped, but still goes past my stomach. White pants are a great spring staple and this metallic top was made for them! For shoes, I paired my go-to strappy black heel.

Metallic tops pair great with a basic bottom or even a complementing bottom. This top is now on clearance, here!








The sunglasses I wore for each outfit are from Icing. I really love the marble frame with the mirrored lenses, especially because no one can see where you are looking! ;) haha 

I hope you are inspired to give metallics a try the spring season! It's a great alternative to the usual pastels and florals. They are bright, inviting, and of course shiny! Who doesn't love that?!

Please share your metallic style by using the #simPLEIGHme on Instagram!
I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!

simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?