@paigeleighneuhauser

Puerto Rico

Last week, my mom and I got back from a wonderful week long vacation in San Juan, Puerto Rico. One word: PARADISE! We had such a great time there and I would go back in a heart beat. It was so hard to leave, especially since we had to leave my sister Emily there, (who was supposed to come back home with us) because she is spending the summer there with her boyfriend. I am so thrilled for her to experience this with someone she loves so much! We were so glad to spend that entire week with her, as well as with her boyfriend, Jeczel for a few days out of the week. It was a blast spending time with the both of them! So many laughs and memories were made!

During our week stay, we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort. It far exceeded our expectations. It was absolutely breathtaking. Everyone who worked there was so accommodating and friendly, which made the experience even more amazing. As you walk toward the doors to the outdoor restaurant, the beach is literally a few steps away. Talk about perfection! The resort had their own beach chairs to lay out on and catch some sun. Again...perfection. In the pool area, besides the two sectioned off pools, there was also a hot tub and a poolside bar called, Papaya Oceanfront Bar and Grill. We ordered the delicious sampler platter twice and they brought it to us while we were relaxing in the pool. Not to mention, this pool and hot tub were open 24 hours, so we could head on down whenever we liked! We loved that!

Now, more about the beach! It was so beautiful! The water was so many shades of blue and the sand so soft. My mom and I walked countless miles on that beach for sure! Walking the beach is one my favorite things to do in this world...it's free and it never gets old! That last day and last walk was not taken for granted. We definitely soaked up every moment!

The second to last day, Jeczel was kind enough to drive us to Old San Juan. Bright and colorful buildings. Brick roads. Quaint shops. It was so awesome to see this town. It was a fashion bloggers dream (because of all the colorful walls for pictures)! We basically walked in one big circle starting in the middle of countless colorful buildings and then we made our way to Castillo San Cristóbal. What a sight! We all walked around the entire castle just taking it all in. Along the way, we saw at least 100 cats of all different sizes and colors. I was in love! As we made our way back to the car, we stopped to feed the birds. It was so overwhelming and crazy! They just completely swarm you, but it was also a cool experience. Old San Juan was such a wonderful city to explore! I am so glad we got to visit!

This vacation was one I will never forget! I had such a great time with my mom, sister, and Jeczel. I am so thankful for the chance to vacation in Puerto Rico. I can only hope I will visit again soon! With all that being said, here are some pictures from my trip, which include outfit inspo! If you are ever planning on taking a trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico, I highly recommend staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort! Absolute paradise! :)

























Isn't my mom just the cutest?!














My face when it's time to leave Paradise! :(

Thanks for stopping by!

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!

simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?