@paigeleighneuhauser

The Shress

Who's ready for a quick and easy DIY?! I recently came across a simple dress DIY that I just had to try out for myself. All you need is an oversized t-shirt, thread and a needle (or sewing machine). For this DIY project, I went to Goodwill to check out their wall of t-shirts. You are sure to find one there, or your local thrift shop, OR even ask your dad for some castoff shirts of his, that's what I did! :)

To create what I like to call "The Shress", (shirt+dress), you pull down the neckhole and stretch it out enough to be able to wear as a strapless dress. After you have that all figured out, sew both shirt sleeves up, tuck them inside, and you have instant pockets! Who doesn't love pockets?!

See how simple? I love it! Now for the really fun part...styling! I can't believe how these two shirts transformed into cute strapless dresses in a matter of minutes! And the great thing is, if you find multiple shirts you like, you will have multiple dresses in no time! So, I have styled 2 different t-shirts using this DIY, and one oversized shirt on its own without any alterations. I hope you are inspired to find the perfect shirt for you and try out this DIY! If you do, I would love to see them using the #simPLEIGHShress on Instagram!

I'm a Pepper

I don't know if you can tell, but I really like Dr. Pepper! When I saw this t-shirt at Goodwill, I was all like, "I have to have it." For this first "shress" I styled it with a pair of cheetah heels and a complementing floral choker to add a pop of print to the look. I really love how this "shress" came together!













Chicago Bulls

This second "shress" is an old Chicago Bulls shirt of my dad's. I was pumped when he told me he didn't want it anymore. I love how this t-shirt transforms into a somewhat dressier look, but still maintains a sporty, edgy vibe. For this look, I paired an obvious choice of shoe, high-top sneakers. As for accessories, I chose a black choker and also accessorized with one of my new favs, scrunchies. I love this sporty chic look!









Belted

All this outfit is, is an oversized t-shirt and a belt. That's it! So simple! I found this shirt at Goodwill also. I planned on making this shirt just like the other two, but when I put this on and belted it, I knew I should just let it be what it is. It's crazy how it instantly looks like a dress you could pick up at the store. A pair of basic black heels and a my new pom-pom choker completed this fun and easy look!









Remember to #simPLEIGHShress if you decide to try out either of these DIYS! 
I would LOVE to see them!

Shoutout to my mom for the great photog skills and my Aunt Jen for letting me use her sewing machine during our fun craft day! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!

simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?