@paigeleighneuhauser

OOTD: Flowers & Flannel

Today's post is about yesterday's OOTD! I hate when I don't get around to putting together a blog, so when that happens I would like to try and post an OOTD with details and where you can find a similar look. Yesterday's look is all about flowers and flannel!
While figuring out what to wear, I first picked out my flannel jacket. I haven't worn it in a while and I wanted to style it in a different way, rather than a simple black turtleneck I have paired it with in the past. So, after deciding the plaid jacket would be my main focus, I looked through my tops. This sheer floral tank stood out to me. I noticed the red in the top matched perfectly with this flannel. This top is actually a high-low top with gold chains around the sleeves, so once it is warm again, I'll be happy that detail shows. As for bottoms, I went with a simple pair of black leggings. And for shoes and accessories, I chose my black ankle booties and a few rings.

The Details
I'm really digging the contrast between these two patterns. The plaid is hard and the flower pattern softens the look. But at the same time, the pixel-like look of the flowers mirrors the faded plaid on the jacket. You have probably noticed the same black choker in a bunch of my recent looks, but I'm obsessed! Every time I get dressed, the last thing I do is throw on this black choker and in my eyes it completes the look!

For my rings, I chose two spiky rings, one black and the other gray. This played along with the hard aspect of this outfit. The other rings are basic but still go perfectly with this outfit.

Get the Look!

This isn't the exact flannel I purchased at Forever 21, but it is quite similar. The length is about the same and the plaid pattern is just as great! 

I purchased my sheer floral top a few seasons ago, so Forever 21 no longer has it in stock :( However, Forever 21 has plenty of floral tops to choose from! 

Basically, if you pair plaid and floral together just right, you will create a perfect marriage in an outfit! So experiment with the two patterns and see what you can come up with! I'm sure it will look fantastic! Thanks so much for stopping by and please #simPLEIGHme your plaid and floral OOTDs on Instagram! I would love to see them!

What's your opinion?