@paigeleighneuhauser

Playful Prints & Patterns

When thinking of ideas for my next blog post, if I don't have a specific idea, I usually stand in front of my closet as if I were picking out an O.O.T.D. and try to get inspired by only one piece of clothing. This time around, my eye was drawn to a sheer checkered button up. After being drawn to that shirt, I came up with the idea of creating looks based around prints and patterns. This post reminds me of my Match or Go blog post, in the sense that certain prints and patterns can work together; however, this post is more inspired by prints and patterns in general, rather than the looks matching or going together. Working with prints and patterns is a lot of fun, so I encourage you to play around with them! I hope you enjoy this blog post and please do not hesitate to share your own looks with me by using the #simPLEIGHme!
Checkers or Chess?
Prints & Pattern: Plaid & Checkers
For this first look, I styled around the inspiration for this blog post, the checkered shirt. To bring in another pattern, I tried on a few different options (cheetah jacket) before deciding that this flannel jacket was the perfect combination with the checkered pattern. Originally, I had styled the shirt and over the knee socks with a really fun and quirky skirt, but after trying it on it wasn't really my style. I wanted to stick with the socks, so I thought it would be a good idea to dust off my shorts drawer and see what I could find. I ended up pulling out this cute pair of denim walking shorts. They perfectly captured the look I was going for. As for shoes, I went with my quirky pair of flatform sandals from Forever 21 that finish off the look. I'm a sucker for a casual quirky look and this is one of my favorites that I've put together!
The Details
'X' & Text
Prints & Patterns: Sweater, Skirt, & Tights
This second look is a lot of fun. I first grabbed this sweatshirt material skirt and then paired it with a bright sweater with an 'X' print. I love how the sweater complements the printed words on the skirt, without taking the focus away from the skirt. The polka dot tights added yet another playful pattern. For shoes, I chose my black chunky heels. You will notice that I am wearing the same choker necklace in next two looks. It is actually just a simple ribbon with a safety pin. I purchased a roll of black silk ribbon from Walmart and it turned out just how I envisioned. I really love accessorizing with chokers and I love that this one is a lot different from the stretchy thin one that I have previously worn...several times! This look is very comfortable, yet stylish!
The Details
Guns & Roses
Prints & Patterns: Top & Pants
This look is the perfect balance of delicate and rugged. I love the contrast between the girly rose top and the rough and tough camouflage pants. When I laid out this outfit I wasn't sure if it would work or not, but as soon I put it on I fell in love with it! For shoes, I went with a pair of black, pink, and tan shoes to complement both the roses and the tan in the pants. The choker was a perfect accessory for this outfit. This outfit is the best of both worlds when it comes to girly and tough personal styles.
The Details
Tribal Camo
Prints & Patterns: Crop Top & Jacket
I love the edginess of this last look. I first picked out this tribal crop top and styled it with this camouflage  jacket. The combination of these two patterns work so well together! For bottoms, I chose a pair of black leather tights. I love that the design on the tights complements the tribal pattern perfectly. I decided to roll up these tights so it showed a little skin and the shoes stood out more. This look is comfortable but still a fun and edgy look.
The Details

I hope you have enjoyed this post and decide to bring out all your patterns and prints and get to styling!

#simPLEIGHme your Playful Prints & Patterns!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

What's your opinion?