@paigeleighneuhauser

Thrifting for My Future: Vintage Collection

You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." There's no feeling quite like finding a special treasure while thrifting. Finding something unique at a price that makes you smile is such a joy! Something I have started doing for the last year and a half or or so, is creating a stock pile of things for my future. From Target's Dollar Spot, Goodwills, garage sales, flea markets, and my local thrift shop, I have purchased some amazing treasures for incredibly low prices! Heck, my mom and I are our thrift shop's favorite customers!

This quote explains it all...


In the near future, once I am on my own, I plan to have a vintage themed kitchen and/or home, with a splash of a modern and cottage feel. Overall, I would say my home decor style is eclectic because I have such an array of interests and inspiration from which to draw. So with that theme in mind, I have had my eye on vintage pieces, from tea cups to wall decor and have started a nice little collection for myself. I have always loved vintage style and I can't wait until I can decorate to my heart's content!


Just recently, I took the time to pack away all of my things in boxes with pretty little labels on them of course! :) So I decided to turn it into a nice blog post and laid out all of my finds and took pictures of all of my vintage pieces.

Decanters
Thrift Shop
Prices: $4.00-$8.00
These decanters are absolutely beautiful! I'm most likely not going to use them for what they are made for, but rather decoration! 

Small Plates
Thrift Shop
Prices: $.75-$2.50
These plates are such a steal! They are so pretty and simple! I can never pass one up!

Decorative Bowls
Thrift Shop
Prices: $2.00-$4.00
Decorative bowls like these are so fun to find! I can't wait to enjoy a nice bowl of cereal in one of these!

Cake Stand
Habitat for Humanity
Price: $4.00
I love this cake stand because it has my favorite flower on it: daisies! It's just too cute for all of the cakes I will bake in the future!

Rose Placemats
Thrift Shop
Price: $.50
When I found these adorable placemats, I instantly fell in love with them and THEN I found out they were only 50 cents! SCORE!

Tins & Trays
B&J Antiques/Thrift Shop/Flea Market
Prices: $1.00-3.00
All of these tin-like items are very unique. I especially love the California perfumed talc bottle. The bowl and decorative tin are cute little finds, as well. I found the small Pepsi tray at a flea market for only $1! As for the 3 big trays, I can't wait to either decorate or place some of my teacups on them! They are just too fun!

Milkshake Tin
Thrift Shop
Price: $1.00
I love this vintage milkshake tin! Cute little storage container for my future kitchen!

Confetti Splatter
3rd Sunday Flea Market
Price: $2.00 each
These three pieces were just laying in a bucket full of different kitchenware and the first time I saw them I was intrigued but decided to forgo them. So later on in the day I regretted not buying them so I went back to the lady's booth and I couldn't find them, so of course I was bummed. But to my surprise they had only been moved to a table and I snatched them right up! I love the look of these three pieces and I know the real speckled/confetti kitchenware is expensive so I am lucky to have found these!

Vases/Bowls
Thrift Shop
Prices: $1.00-$4.00
All of these pieces go right along with my vintage theme. Especially this rose vase that I absolutely adore! As for the other pieces, I love the classic vintage feel that I get from them!

Teacups/Teapots
Thrift Shop
Prices: $.25-$5.00
Finding teacups is my favorite treasure to find! Usually the really decorative ones are on the higher side ($4.00-$5.00), but that is still a steal compared to store bought! Teapots are always a great find too! There is just something about a cute, little teacup and saucer that I love! 

Floral Tea Set
Thrift Shop
Price: $4.00 (May have been half off)
This yellow set is literally the bees knees! I freaked when I found this! 

Yellow Collection
Thrift Shop/Flea Market
Prices: $1.00-$5.00
I love this color of kitchenware, it's the perfect vintage color! I love that I started collecting this color and made a set out of it!

Wall Art/Decor
Thrift Shop/B&J Antiques
Prices: $2.00-10.00
I love a good decor piece! I am always keeping my eye out for the perfect wall art/decor! I love the vintage frames and mirror. They are perfect for what I envision! I found the vintage box for only $8.00. And the amazing phone... only $6.00! Besides some of my teacups, this is my favorite find yet! 

Crocheted Umbrella
Thrift Shop
Price: $6.00
I just found this adorable umbrella today at the thrift shop! It was displayed in the window and I knew I had to have it! It is just too cute!

Fan Wall Art
Thrift Shop
Price: $5.00
One of the ladies at the thrift shop posted this fan to my timeline on Facebook and I said, "I love it! I would definitely love it if you could hold it back for me!" It's so funny how the ladies there know what I love and are nice enough to hold things back for me! I can't wait to hang this up someday! It's amazing!

Nesting Dolls
Thrift Shop
Price: $5.00

When I found this cute little nesting doll I was so excited! Then when I got home and opened it, I was surprised by how many were in it! The little one is just too darn cute! This nesting doll was also made in Russia! Great find!
...................................................................................................................................................................
I cannot wait until the day I am taking every treasure out of my moving boxes and putting together my dream home! Another man's trash is definitely MY treasure! I encourage you to check out your local thrift shops, Goodwills, flea markets and any other consignment shops. You will be surprised with what you might find! It is such a rewarding feeling to find something for cheap and something that no one else has! Happy Thrifting!

My cat loves to photobomb my blog pictures! Gotta love 'em! :)

What's your opinion?