@paigeleighneuhauser

Prints, Patterns, & Color Blocking

Mixing prints and patterns in fashion is obviously a lot of fun to put together. But styling with solids can be just as fun. Color blocking, means to pair two or more colors together to create a bold statement. Bringing together two or three colors that are cohesive and create a great color scheme, make for a vibrant look. But bringing together unexpected colors that magically work together is even better. The options are limitless when it comes to mixing prints with patterns and solids with solids. For this post, I styled 6 looks, 3 using the combo of prints and patterns, and 3 using color blocking. I had my sister, Emily, join me on this one. I hope you are inspired by this post and give it a try yourself. Keep in mind, I styled the solid looks for my sister, who is really into dark colors, so don't be afraid to mix bright and bold colors together.

For more prints and patterns, check out my Playful Prints & Patterns post from back in February!

Prints & Patterns
Stripes & Dots

I love how this top complements these pants despite the two different patterns. This shirt I found at a thrift shop and it could easily come across like the "grandma" shirt that it is, but with modern styling, it works. I tend to gravitate toward vintage or older than my age pieces, I just envision how I can style it. With both the top and bottoms having both black and tan, these two completely different patterns work together for one stylish outfit. 








Color Blocking/Solids
Aqua & Olive

I love the contrast between these two colors. I love how the top just pops right off these olive jeans. This outfit is perfect for my sister because she always goes for simplicity and comfort. She is just too cute! Btw, I'm lovin' her new glasses! I just might have to steal them to use as an accessory for a blog post or two! ;)



Both Looks


Prints & Patterns
Dots & Tribal

Let me just preface that the quality of these next two look's pictures aren't as great because it started to rain. We at least got our first two looks in before it started to pour and get really windy.

Now this is a definite mix of prints and patterns. But I love it! A look like this can make such a statement, but in a tasteful way. One of the ladies that works at my local thrift shop saved these shorts back for me and I am so glad she did. I don't have any shorts like this pair! I thought this sheer polka dot blouse went perfectly with this vibrant tribal pattern. There may be a lot going on, but in a fashionable way, it works. I am always up for stepping outside of my comfort zone when it comes to fashion, and this look is no exception to that.




Color Blocking/Solids
Gray & Maroon

My sister is so adorable. I love this cute and sporty look on her. Gray and maroon go really well together. I love how she paired her Converse with this outfit. It definitely added her touch of style to an everyday skirt and top look.


Both Looks

Prints & Patterns *with a pop of solid*
Jungle Print & Stripes

For these last two looks, we both added each other's "theme" to our outfits. For my solid, I added a black tie under my look. I adore this bright, jungle print sweatshirt material top. The pop of text on the shirt plays off of the bold striped pencil skirt. This look is my fav! It's so bright on top and so refined on the bottom!







Color Blocking/Solids *with a pop of print and pattern*
Black & Pink

For Emily's last look, she wore a sheer printed collared tank underneath her solid tank. This flowy, hot pink skirt really made a statement. She also added a pop of cheetah print to this look. I adore this look on her!




Both Looks


I hope you enjoyed this post! Just remember mixing colors can be just as fun as mixing prints and patterns! Give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!
simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?