@paigeleighneuhauser

Pinsanity

One of the latest trends that I am all about is: accessorizing with pins. Something as small as a fashionable pin, adds such a fun and simple touch to an everyday outfit. "Pin"spired by a few Instagrams, (especially this one), I thought I would try this trend out for myself. For some time now, I've been collecting vintage pins from thrift shops, garage sales, and any place one caught my eye, but at the time I started, it was for a DIY project. Until I collect enough for said DIY, I will use them to make a unique fashion statement.

When I decided to blog about this new trend, I wanted to do more than just stick pins on my denim jacket and call it day. So, I stepped up my pin game and came up with a few other ways to accessorize with pins, as well as another everyday accessory: earrings! I loved coming up with new innovative ways to wear pins. The possibilities are endless, so I would love to see the way you accessorize with pins so, #simPLEIGHme on your Instagram pictures! Thanks for stopping by! :)


Pinned Look:
Denim Jacket

For this first look, I decked out my favorite denim jacket with 3 of my vintage pins. What took only a few seconds to put together, added the perfect touch to this simple jacket. I loved playing around with different combinations and layouts. As for this entire look, I took from the gold detail in the pins and chose a gold lace top underneath the jacket. For shorts, I went with a pair of olive green linen shorts. To stick with this somewhat neutral color scheme, I threw on my brown pair of wedges.


For a few months now when I would stop by my local thrift shop, I would see this cross-stitched oval flower pin in the jewelry section. I think I would pick it up, but always ended up putting it back. It must have been fate because it was still there after coming up with this blog post theme. Funny thing is, it was only a dollar, so silly me should have snagged it a long time ago!





Pinned Accessory:
Choker

For this next style, I came up with a fun way to transform a basic lace choker. If you know me or have been keeping up with my blog posts, then you know I am a choker enthusiast! So, after pinning my denim jacket, I wondered "What else could I pin," then I noticed my collection of chokers. I added one of my lighter pins and attached it through the holes in my lace choker.** Instantly I had what seemed like a brand new choker! With this idea, you can add any kind of pin to your choker, or now that I think of it, even a necklace chain, as long as it's not too heavy which would cause it to hang down or stretch out your necklace. **Attach pin before putting on choker or necklace**



As for this look, I wanted to go for something simple and let the choker be my stand out piece. I paired a loose t-shirt with acid wash high-waisted skinny jeans and completed the look with a black strappy heel.



Pinned Look:
Bibs

For the next few looks, I came up with an alternative for pins. Earrings! It actually happened by accident, I was looking in one of my jewelry boxes for more pins and it hit me that earrings are similar in the way they go through fabric (certain fabrics; denim, canvas, or any material that won't leave noticeable holes). This opened up a whole new world of possibilities! I tried this out on a pair of denim bibs first. I used two different sized pairs of silver diamond earrings and alternated them on the pocket of my bibs. Such a minor detail, but a major statement.


You are probably thinking, "Earrings have pokey backs!" And yes they do! So, a simple fix would be to just cover them with duct tape. Depending on how long your backs are or how tight your clothes are to your body, this should do the job! Obviously, not all earrings will work, but surely there are a few you could use to try this out! :)


To bring out the bling from the earrings, I chose to layer my bibs over a sequined jersey tank. This sporty chic look called for a badass shoe, so I went with my flatform sandals. I can't get over how cool these shoes are! SO different!

Pinned Accessory:
Canvas Tote

Another way to utilize your earrings, is to jazz up your purse and/or tote bag. Make sure your purse is the right material for pins or earrings! (Our leather purses are too delicate for holes!) So, for this canvas material tote bag, I added a pair of pearl/diamond earrings to the top and bottom of this distressed stripe down the middle of the bag. Another simple touch that changed up a simple white bag.



Pinned Look:
Top

For this last look, I simply added one earring to my denim tank. I thought this was too dainty and cute not to post. I love these little lip earrings, so much that I mocked it with my red lipstick! This just goes to show that there aren't any ideas too big or too small when it comes to using pins and/or earrings as a fashion statement.


If you enjoyed this post and liked what you saw, please feel free to pin these "pins" through my Pinterest!
Pretty punny huh...or "pinny"...okay I've got stop with these puns! ;)

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!
simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?