@paigeleighneuhauser

Light Layering

Much like the entire world, I am highly anticipating this fall season, like I do every year. Once September 1st comes around, it's like BAM! Fall décor. BAM! Pumpkin spice. BAM! The need for fall fashion. So, while we go ahead and deck our halls with pumpkins and gourds and chug all the pumpkin spice imaginable, we have to wait for the last few days of warm weather to turn into the crisp, airy, and chilly weather we all love (even though it's officially fall as I'm writing this today). In the midst of this weather change, we grab our jackets, scarves, and boots, then step outside and...it's still 80 degrees out! So I figured while we are in the awkward transition of temperatures and are desperately wanting to show off our new fall outfits, why not lightly layer? Layering is one of the best trends when it comes to the fall season, so lightly layering is the best option when we're in between seasons. I've put together three looks with simple layering techniques that are perfect for this in between stage. And with these light layered pieces, if you decide to ditch them, they still have a fall feel and are summer temp ready. Now let's start layering! Who's with me?

Nueva York

One of the best ways to change up a cool summer tee for chillier weather is by adding a jacket, it's that simple. Only instead of just your typical jacket, I unbuttoned a cargo dress and it worked as the perfect long trench-like jacket. I've gotta say I really love this type of look. The flared pants and boots take a simple knotted t-shirt and make it so chic and sophisticated. Adding a choker, cuffs, bracelets, and these amazing pair of Forever 21 boots I got on sale before summer started, added that extra something. This small bit of layering made a big statement for a fashion forward fall look.







Corduroy


I just came across this corduroy skirt in my closet and had totally forgotten about it. So I knew I had to style around this piece. With the temps still in the high 80s, skirts still allow for your skin to breathe. To add the fall element, I paired my go-to fall boots for this season. On top, I chose a ruffled floral top and threw on a baggy striped brown jacket. The overall muted tones complement the start of fall. This look is just right for both the end of summer and the beginning of fall.








Tube Top


Using a summer piece, such as a tube top, can make for a fun way to layer this fall season. I chose to layer this top over a white button down. I love how different this look is. For bottoms, I chose cargo skinny jeans and accessorized with a black studded belt. As for shoes, I went with a pair of black suede boots. To add a pop of color to this look, I tucked in a red scarf. I love how sleek and chic this look is.





Thanks for stopping by! :)

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!
simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?