@paigeleighneuhauser

Reinventing My Style

I'm back! Despite the fact that I haven't blogged in some time, fashion is and always will be on my mind. Whether it's posting outfits of the day (ootd), putting together my everyday outfits, packing for trips, or even more recently, reinventing my style, all the while staying true to my "style roots."


I have always been that person who chooses to dress up over going casual, in whatever setting. However, I realized that it was time to amp up my wardrobe/style!

These three words best define the style direction I have taken: refined. sophisticated. classic...while at the same time combining such pieces with casual, distressed, and everyday attire.

For example, I am obsessed with blazers! I love the mix of "business" attire with distressed denim, and simplistic accessories. You could call it casual business instead of business casual. With all of that being said, I will still continue to sport accessories and pieces that represent the quirky side of me...like my new love of fringe earrings! (Earrings are my new choker necklace, if you remember that obsesh in basically all of my previous blog posts :)

Reinventing your style is all about experimenting with new combinations or even new pieces you may not have ever thought of styling. Once I decided to start incorporating new styles and/or combining refined/classic pieces with distressed/casual pieces, my first thought was to check out any local Goodwills, thrift shops, and clearance sections. That way, starting out, you can invest in a few new experimental pieces for a great price...like a really great price! I've recently hit the jackpot at Goodwill for much less than half the cost of a new wardrobe from a retail store! Plus, there's just something really special about finding a thrifted gem on a budget!

On that note, I'm so happy to be back on the blogging train! I'm back to my mind just running with blog ideas to share with you! Here's to reinventing my style, while at the same time remaining simPLEIGH me :)


I am really getting into styling dress-like pants, rather than grabbing my favorite pair of jeans pretty much every day! These bad boys stood out to me on the clearance rack at Forever 21. I paired them with a patterned bodysuit that I already had hanging in my closet. This look is dressy, but at the same has more of a laid back vibe.





New accessory alert! Dainty, simple, layered necklaces add the perfect touch to your outfit. Found this one at Forever 21 and I want to wear it every day!


Blazers: a jacket that is fire! 🔥 Like I mentioned, I am loving the juxtaposition of a blazer with denim. The sophisticated essence of the blazer paired with denim creates such a laid back, yet classic look!









DIY earrings from Hobby Lobby 😍


Special shoutout to my sister for her always amazing photography skills!

Thanks for stopping by!

Be simPLEIGH you!

Follow Me!

simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?