@paigeleighneuhauser

Spring 2016 Fashion Trends: Runway to Streetway

Spring is right around the corner...FINALLY! So it's time to bring your spring fashions from the back of your closet to front and center. I got a jump start a few days ago and reorganized my closet for spring! I love seeing my tanks up close and personal and the sweaters pushed to the back, but still close enough to bring out for those random chilly days throughout the week. You never know with Illinois weather! With that being said, I've put together a post based on this year's spring trends from Fashion Week. I was doing my research and came across a great gallery of photos on Elle's website. They shared an array of pictures from fashion week and I was definitely inspired. So, I took inspiration from six different trends and turned them around from runway to every day looks you can work on the street! These runway inspired looks are very doable for the everyday girl who loves fashion! I hope you are just as inspired as I am!

Pretty in Pleats
Spring Trend: Pleats
Piece: High-Low Skirt


First up, we've got the pleats trend. I've had this pleated high-low skirt for a few years now and I don't think I've worn it more than three times. Now that it is on trend, I will most likely wear it more than I used to. I really love the pattern of this pleated skirt and that it's a high-low, but with a criss-cross hemline rather than a basic straight one. To complement the blue in the skirt, I chose a black and blue fitted crop top with cut outs. The flowy aspect of the skirt and the edginess of the top work well together. What really sets off this look is my pair of black gladiator sandals! I was so excited to dig these out of my basket of spring/summer shoes! These sandals are so different and take your look to a whole other level. I went with basic black/gray accessories and a cute, little, geometric wristlet. I think pleats will be a great trend to sport this spring and I'm anxious to find some other pleated pieces!

The Details



Victorian Secret
Trend: Victorian Style
Piece: Ruffled Top


This next trend is all about victorian-inspired style. When you think of the Victorian Age, you might first think of big skirts, corsets, and just over the top. To bring it to modern day, I put together a look that I honestly never would have put together had I not been inspired by this trend. When I laid it out on my bed, I was skeptical that it would actually look decent on. To my surprise, I loved it! Ruffles were a big part of the Victorian Age and that's exactly what I brought into the mix. I wanted to bring in floral as well, so I chose a pair of floral cropped pants. I really like the combination of these two patterns. For accessories, I went with a matching set of blue earrings, a silver cuff, and a pair of white sandal wedges. I also threw on a purple cross body to bring out the purple in the top. Trying to come up with an outfit inspired by the Victorian Age wasn't easy, but it's a lot of fun to experiment with different pieces that you normally wouldn't put together!

The Details



El Matador
Trend: Latin Inspo
Piece: Jacket


This third look is inspired by Latin fashion. The color combination of black and bold red represents this trend. I styled a black and red lace jacket with a floral lace crop top. These two pieces really play well with each other. For bottoms, I chose my pair of leather tights and rolled them under to show a bit of ankle and to better display the black wedges. For other accessories, I chose a black choker, along with a red and black flower hair clip. This really takes off on the trend. I also chose a black sequined clutch to tie it all together. I love the sophistication and edginess of this entire look.

The Details



White Out
Trend: White Shirt
Piece: White Blouse


A white button down. How simple, yet chic! This trend is taken to a whole new level by putting a twist on such a basic wardrobe staple. Inspired by the look of the runway, I draped the white button down over my shoulders for a more chic and sophisticated vibe. You could also tie it around your shoulders for a different trendy look. Underneath I styled a basic neutral crop top. As for bottoms, I went with a pop of pattern to make the shirt stand out. Finally for accessories, I went with my black wedges and my go-to fedora. Once I placed the fedora on my head it completely transformed the look! I'm really in love with the vibe this outfit is giving off! (Pictured below: mustard yellow cross body for a pop of color)

The Details



Pile on the Plaid
Trend: Plaid
Piece: Dress & High-Slit Dress


Plaid anything is perfection, but who would have thought all plaid would be too? The runway was big, no pun intended, on large plaid patterns. So I changed up that idea into layering plaid patterns over one another, given I don't have any extra-large patterned plaid pieces. I love how it turned out. It's not too much that it's overkill, but it's just enough to make a statement. I chose a red, black, and white dress and threw on a high-slit number over it. The two look great together. For shoes, it definitely called for my tall black gladiators. For accessories, I chose edgier bracelets to go with the theme of the gladiators. For a bag, I chose my favorite black backpack. This look is a lot of fun and very comfortable. Get glad, throw on some plaid!

The Details



Daring Denim
Trend: Light & Airy Denim
Piece: Top, Dress, & Jacket


The final trend, if you couldn't tell, is denim. But not just any denim, lighter and airy denim. Denim that isn't too heavy is perfect for spring. Although this look may look heavy with different denim pieces, the pieces individually are airy but create a really fun and sporty look. I first threw on a denim tank top, along with a thin denim dress and finally a dark denim tied jacket. I love the whole layered effect of this look. For accessories, I went with my brown pair of tall gladiators and a gray baseball cap to capture a sportier look. I also threw over a small brown cross body. I really like this look because it is perfect for the day you feel like going sporty, but still want to look fashionable.

The Details



Well there you have it, six different trends from the 2016 Spring Fashion Week. I hope you are just as inspired by the runway as I am and are encouraged to raid your closet looking for street-wear versions! Fashion is all about experimentation and that's one of the things I love most about it. Don't be afraid to make a bold statement or style outside of your comfort zone. Who knows, maybe by doing so you will find a new style you love and will sport it along with your other go-to styles!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

What's your opinion?