@paigeleighneuhauser

Hollywood Icons Photoshoot

I have always been game for any type of photoshoot and recreating pictures of Hollywood Icons is no exception! Having been a fan of Hollywood glam and the iconic shots captured during that era, I decided to dedicate a blog to it. My sister was up for the challenge and we channeled our inner Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe! Photoshoots are the perfect outlet to release your inner child and play "dress up" for a day. From the inspiration behind the photoshoot, down to the final product, the entire process is such a blast! I hope you enjoy our recreations and are inspired to have a photoshoot of your own!

Audrey Hepburn Inspo
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Recreation
How beautiful is my little sister, Emily! Swooooon! It was a lot of fun being on the other side of the camera for a change. I also loved styling her for this shot. Another fun aspect of photoshoots, is cobbling up all of the props and little details that make all the difference. Originally, Audrey wore a long black dress for the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's, but with an improvised photoshoot, you can fake it til you make it! Don't be afraid to take an everyday item and turn it into a makeshift prop! It's like a scavenger hunt in your own home searching for props!

Here are the everyday objects and elements I used to recreate this iconic photo:

Dress
Audrey's Long Dress > Short, Leather Dress
Since the bottom of the dress wasn't going to show, I was able to get away with styling her in a short, leather dress. This dress still captured Audrey's look perfectly!

Hair Accessory
Audrey's Crown/Barrette > Jeweled Necklace & Jeweled Barrette
I used a jeweled necklace and bobby-pinned it to her bun. I also added a jeweled barrette to enhance the accessory like Audrey wore.

Cigarette Holder
Cigarette Holder > Retractable Pointer
Who would have thought this retractable pointer would create the perfect illusion of a vintage cigarette holder?

Necklace & Gloves
My eBay necklace and junior year prom gloves worked perfectly just as they were!

Table Props
Movie's Decor > Decanters, Canister, & Napkin
Finally, for the extra props in the photo, I wanted to mirror the original scene as accurately as I could. I placed a couple of decanters and a coffee canister in front of her and even a simple napkin.

I am so pleased with the outcome! It was as if I was photographing the real Audrey Hepburn! Great job, Em!

Marilyn Monroe Inspo

Recreation
I came across this picture the other day and instantly wanted to recreate it! I've always adored all of Marilyn's photoshoots and this is actually my second time doing a photoshoot based on one of her iconic photos. For my hair, I had my mom use a big barrel curling iron and she curled each section under and separated and sprayed it. Finally, no Marilyn Monroe photo is finished until you've drawn on her famous beauty mark! This look didn't require a lot of cobbling of accessories and props like Audrey Hepburn's, but I love the simplicity of it.

Here are the pieces that I used to recreate this iconic photo:

Top
Bustier > Low-back Undergarment
My mom had this corset from being a bridesmaid and having to wear a low-cut back dress.

Skirt
Tulle Skirt > Crinoline Skirt
This skirt is what I wore under my senior year prom dress. It worked out perfectly!

I loved this entire photoshoot! It's crazy what makeup, hair, clothes, and props can do for a person! Honestly, I want to wear my hair like this on a regular basis!

Other Marilyn Monroe Shots








Behind the Scenes: Outtakes

Modern Marilyn



Thanks for stopping by! :)

What's your opinion?