@paigeleighneuhauser

Vintage Meets Modern

Having the eclectic style that I do, vintage fashion is definitely in the mix! These past few years or so, I have really gotten into everything vintage, from home decor to kitchenware, and of course, fashion. By now you all know I love styling unexpected pieces, but I really love thinking outside of the box and putting a modern twist on older fashion from years past. There is something so rewarding about bringing back a vintage trend and putting your own present-day spin on it. This blog in particular is centered around a few vintage pieces that a very special lady gave to me. She was cleaning things out and happened upon a few boxes of vintage clothes and thought I would love to take a look! I was super ecstatic when she told me! I am so excited about these "new" vintage pieces being a part of my wardrobe. While putting this blog together, I may have found some new favorite outfits! I hope you enjoy my take on vintage meeting modern day, I know I did!

This blog is dedicated to Miss Lawson, who graciously gave me these amazing vintage clothes, in return for paying it forward! Thank you so very much! :)

Bright Blocks of Color
3 piece set

Talk about making a statement! If you really want to stand out from the crowd, an ensemble like this is for you! When I first saw this I gravitated toward the pops of color, of course! Before, my wardrobe did not consist of an outfit with such bold colors all in one. So I knew it had to be mine! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off because it is so much color, but I couldn't be happier with it! It's so fun and fresh! To modernize this look, I belted it with my black studded belt. This instantly added a whole new element to the outfit. To stick with the black accessories, I threw on my black chunky heels that I haven't worn at all this summer season! To bring in a small touch of the 70's to this 70's inspired outfit, I chose my black circle frame sunnies. I am so in love with this look!

Vintage fashion isn't your style? No problem!
Take note of the modern element... a black belt. When you belt an outfit, whether that's through your belt loops or on the outside, it can really make a dynamic statement. It's that simple!





Modern Dutch Girl
Sweater Top

This shirt definitely reminds me of a little Dutch girl's clothes. I love it! I love the feminine vibe this shirt gives off. I had no idea that I would be able to wear this as an off the shoulder top! Double score! This top is somewhat modern all on its own, but I put a bit of edge on it by pairing my go-to ripped denim shorts and tall black gladiator sandals. And of course an off the shoulder top calls for a choker! In particular, a dainty lace one to complement the girly aspect of the shirt. I really love this look and will definitely be sporting it a couple times before summer is over!

Vintage fashion isn't your style? No problem!
I think a similar top could most likely be found in Forever 21 today, but if you're more into modern fashion, there are plenty of off the shoulder tops out there! I would know...I'm obsessed!







Frilly Girl
Cute Dress

Ahhhhh this dress! I'm in love! Every part of it is just so adorable and unique! I definitely don't have anything like it! I'm so excited about this frilly dress! To add part of my quirky side to this dress, I paired my flatform sandals with black socks. This look is so much fun and I love to twirl and dance in this dress! I also love that the sleeves are three quarter length! So happy to have this dress in my wardrobe!

Vintage fashion isn't your style? No problem!
You're crazy if this dress doesn't make you smile, however; dresses with frill are just about anywhere, so I'm sure there is the perfect frilly dress out there for you!






Dots, Dots, & More Dots
Layered Tops

Now this is a kitschy outfit! I love polka dots! I knew I had to snag this one when I saw it was a layered top. Who doesn't love layers? This look works layered and individually. I thought white pants were perfect for this look and made the tops stand out even more. For shoes, I chose my white pair of sandals. I added the perfect feather necklace that complemented the red in this look. To add even more polka dots into the mix, I threw on a red and white polka dot wire headband. This completed the look! I really like this casual, yet fun outfit!

Vintage fashion isn't your style? No problem!
Polka dots will always be a thing, so any modern polka dot top would be just right for you! 




Again, a huge shout out to Miss Lawson! I had a blast during this blog photoshoot and I have you to thank for that! You are awesome! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)
Follow Me!
simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

What's your opinion?

  1. I am so glad I gave you these clothes. You certainly made me smile with hour spunky commentary. I found one more piece for you. Keep stylin', girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could make you smile! :) Again...thank you so much! :)

      Delete