@paigeleighneuhauser

A Kitschy Blog

First off, I hope everyone had a safe and great Fourth of July! For me, it was one of the best Fourth's from start to finish! So, this blog is sort of like a hodge podge of things, if you will. I recently started a new venture that I would love to share with you, as well as an outfit inspired by the venture, as well as pics and details about the way I celebrated the Fourth! I hope you enjoy this ever so eclectic post! Thanks for stopping by! :)

As I mentioned, I started a new venture only a week or two ago. My brand/business's name is Kitschy Doodles. I am in the biz to create original and custom designs. I have a degree in graphic design and I thought it was time to put my graphic design skills to good use with my new Adobe programs and amazing Wacom tablet. I've always had a love for simplistic and imperfect designs! Doing this is a good start toward fulfilling my dreams of one day having my own office supply line. I have so many ideas in mind and I can't wait to share them with the world! I plan to showcase my work on Zazzle and possibly Etsy. I am also doing custom designs, so if you're in the market for any kind of cards, invitations, or any quirky and fun prints, you can reach me through my Facebook page, Instagram, or email. (Links here and at the bottom of this post.)

Imperfection is the new perfection is my motto. Although I am particular about certain things in my life, I have always embraced that perfection does not exist. I hope to convey this message not only through my kitschy and quirky designs, but promote that perfection is unreachable and we as human beings should embrace that and let our true selves shine bright!

With this new adventure blossoming, I wanted to tie in fashion, of course! I was inspired by my kitschiness and quirky side, so I put together a fun little outfit just for Kitschy Doodles!


If this look doesn't define kitschy and quirky, then I don't know what outfit will! I love the combination of polka dots and speckled design. It's so unexpected and fun! This perfectly captures all that I am about when it comes to Kitschy Doodles! For accessories, I chose both a necklace that says "dream" and a wish bone necklace. This part represents my dreams of course and all that I hope to accomplish. For earrings, I chose a quirky pair of pineapple earrings. These earrings represent the random side of me and my new business. For rings, I chose my "P" Scrabble ring and other gold rings. As for shoes, I went with my strappy black heels. For my bag, I chose my favorite leather backpack. I love this look and I would definitely wear outfits like this on the regular. Outfits like this definitely put me in a great mood. It's fun to step outside of your comfort zone when it comes to fashion, so try it out for yourself sometime! Be kitschy and quirky, girl! :)














The Fourth

Like I said, this year's Fourth was beyond one of the most fun and exciting ones to date! This past Friday, my mom, sis, and I were talking about the parade and I jokingly said, "What about Kitschy Doodles being in the parade?" and they said, "YAAAAS!" So seconds after that happening, I was already making lists, mental lists, and so many ideas were flowing through my brain! So, that night, after a day of shopping, I started creating both business cards and a banner. I worked on them until 2 AM and decided it was time to hit the hay. The next day, I woke up and finished in time to submit my order to Staples so they could be printed before Monday. In less than a few hours, I had both 500 business cards and 2 banners in hand. I was parade ready! Fast forward to this Monday, and it was parade time! I had such a blast promoting my business and getting my name out there. My family was along for the ride as well. My mom and I handed out business cards, while my sister and Dad drove my sister's Jeep with the banners. It couldn't have gone any better! I was and am so thrilled!

After the parade, we had a free lunch for being in the parade and then checked out the festivities in the park. Then it was time for a little nap and rejuvenation for the fireworks and carnival food later on in the night. We had the perfect spot in the bleachers on the football field and let me tell you, it was the best fireworks display I had seen in a long time! It was so amazing, the finale gave me chills! 

This is a Fourth I will never forget! 


You can't do Kitschy, without a bow tie!












Shoutout to Kevin Sesko for snapping this awesome pic! :)


Kitschy Doodles Social Media
kitschydoodles@gmail.com

My Social Media
simpleighmeblog@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by! :)

What's your opinion?