@paigeleighneuhauser

How to Wear Black in the Summer

It's officially summer! It's that time of year to bring out all that is colorful from our wardrobes, but sometimes it can be hard to part with our black clothing. I don't know about you but I love sporting black in my wardrobe. With it being summer, black isn't the first color that comes to mind, however; it can be! I've realized a lot of people are like me when it comes to wearing all black sometimes, but that doesn't mean we have to banish it for 3 months out of the year. There are plenty of ways to get away with darker shades and I'm going to share with you 3 ways of my own. Summer...welcome to the dark side!

Casual
The Black: High-Neckline Top & Tribal Vest
Make It Summer: Tank Top Under Sweater Vest & Pop of Color in Heels

This is one of those outfits you can throw on and walk out the door in! It's simple, but makes a really fashionable statement. This is my absolute favorite cut of shirt! This vest is actually sweater material, so besides wearing black, this piece can also transition into the summer months by throwing it over a simple tank and denim shorts. To tone down the dark color scheme, I threw on a pair of complementing heels with a pop of pink. Something as simple as a pink strap brought it into the summer season. It's easy components like this that make it appropriate for the bright summer months.





The Deets

Dressy
The Black: Jumpsuit
Make It Summer: Colorful Belt (Scarf)

Now this outfit is black head to toe, so to break it up, I took one of my favorite vibrant scarves and tied it at the waist. This completely changed the look in seconds! It's just too easy! Another way to break up something so heavy in black, is by adding a bold statement necklace or a colorful head piece. There are many ways to tie in pops of color when it comes to wearing all black!




The Deets




Sporty
The Black: Skirt
Make It Summer: Break It Up with White

This look is a departure from the first two looks. It's quirky and unique, in a sporty way. And that's what I love about it. I took this black athletic striped scuba skirt and paired it with a pop of a white graphic tank. This tied in the skirt's stripes and gave the look a brighter feel. To keep with the black and white theme, I chose my quirky pair of flatform sandals and rolled down a basic pair of white socks. I need to invest in some cute little lace socks, but these will do for now! I love how unexpected this look is. I love styling looks that aren't your typical everyday wear! Too much fun!





The Deets



I hope you are chock full of ideas now on how to style your black wardrobe for summer!
Don't be afraid to just go for it! 

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Follow me!
:)

What's your opinion?