@paigeleighneuhauser

OOTD: Mother's Day Outing

I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day full of love and happiness, whether that was spending the day with your mom, talking to her over the phone from hours away, or reminiscing about your amazing mother in Heaven. It's a special day for all mothers, no matter the circumstance. Always celebrate your mother and treat her as if every day were Mother's Day!

My sister, Emily and I are extremely close to our mom, so we like to think of every day being Mother's Day. It doesn't take much to make my mom happy; however, Emily, my dad and I took her out to Red Lobster. When we are out and about, Red Lobster usually isn't an option for dinner because my mom is the only one who really likes seafood, but for one day out of 365, we made the exception ;) But to our surprise, every single one of us enjoyed our meal. It was divine! From the Cheddar Bay biscuits (or what I like to call them, cheddar "bae" biscuits) all the way down to the last bite of our meals, it was superb! We couldn't get over it! So it's safe to say Red Lobster is definitely an option from now on!

After a delicious meal, my sister and I were so excited to give her our gifts. I really wanted to make something special for my mom and what is more special than something homemade and from the heart? Basically, I put together a presentation for her gifts (I even had a list with the order I wanted her to open things...yeah I'm that weird). All that aside, she loved every single one of her gifts and trinkets. And we loved putting it all together for her!

Here's a look at my outfit for the evening and a peek into some of her gifts...


For this special outing, I decided to go with the perfect floral off-the-shoulder top (I've had this top for a while, and off-the-shoulder tops are back in style...YES!), distressed jeans, a simple black heel and black crochet choker. I recently purchased these jeans from Forever 21, as well as the choker. I've been in need of another pair of distressed jeans, but in a different wash and these are just what I was looking for. I also scored this simple pair of black heels from Payless the other day. A simple black heel is a must-have shoe staple!

Check out how to style this same top with camo pants from a previous post here


Doesn't my momma look super cute? Love her! :)


Really diggin' my sister's look too! Nice shoes, Em! ;)

Red Lobster was so delicious, I had to tweet them mid-biting into a biscuit! I decided to try the Trio Special, and chose the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo, Panko-Crusted Crab Cakes, and the Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken. Although two of the three were chicken and not seafood, I throughly enjoyed the Crab Cakes! (I had a Snapchat story of my amazing meal, but forgot to save it, so just imagine a little plate of heaven!) We all pretty much tried each other's meal, and I think I may have enjoyed the Lobster and Langostino Pizza my sister got! High five for trying new things!



My sister and I made a video all about our mom's little quirks. It was so much fun to put together! She said we nailed it!


My mom has really been getting into a nighttime tea routine, so I did a DIY mug just for "tea time." I used an Extreme Sharpie, made for glass, and then baked it in the oven. I also made my own cover over her favorite tea and wrote "tea time" on there as well. To top it off, I created a tea logo and put tags on all 20 individual tea bags! It was so much fun creating all of this! 


I made a DIY frame from twigs and created my own original quote. The twig frame is perfect for her decor style. So happy she loves it!


Thanks for stopping by!

This post is dedicated to my beautiful momma! Love you!

What's your opinion?